Coffee Pancakes! Does it Get Any Better?
Who doesn't love a good pancake? Add coffee and you can take this favorite to a whole new level!
- ¼ c. strong brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp melted butter or ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp milk of your choice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¾ organic ground nuts (see Soaking and Dehydrating Nuts for Optimal Nutrients)
- 2 tbsp ground hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 pasture raised eggs
- Ghee or butter for the pan
Combine coffee, melted butter/ghee/coconut oil, milk, extracts. Add ground nuts, hemp hearts, flours, baking powder and stir to combine. Add in eggs and maple syrup, stir again.
Heat the pan (Xtrema is our favorite) over medium heat and add butter, ghee or coconut oil. Cook pancake until bubbles form on top and bottom is lightly browned, flip and brown on the other side. Serve with fruit, butter, honey, maple syrup or eat plain! Enjoy!
Tip: grind nuts as much as possible just before the point it begins to become nut butter but is still powder.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read our affiliate policy.