Drink Your Decaf Coffee and Reap the Health Benefits Too!
Do you love the taste of coffee but have trouble with the caffeine? Perhaps you have been advised not to drink caffeine due to its impact on your sleep, a heart condition such as atrial fibrillation, pregnancy or other conditions. Well, I have good news for you! Decaf boasts many of the same fantastic benefits as regular coffee. I am here to give decaffeinated coffee its rightful position back on a pedestal it was wrongly removed from by those that think caffeine is the "holy grail".
For coffee to be considered decaffeinated 97% of the caffeine needs to be removed. This decaffeinating process takes place prior to roasting when the coffee beans are green. It is especially important to make sure that it is decaffeinated without chemical solvents. To understand more about how Cardiology Coffee does it right, you can read, The Safest Way to Decaf.
Coffee Benefits - Decaffeinated Too:
- Decaf and regular drinkers have a lower risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Decaf coffee is protective of the liver.
- Even decaf positively impacts mood : aside from the caffeine there are other constituents in coffee that provide positive effects on mood and cognitive performance. Although the caffeine group's mood and cognitive performance was better than the decaf group, the decaf trumped the placebo.
- Coffee, whether regular or decaffeinated, supports the gut. For more information about this see: Coffee and the Microbiome: What the Research Says.
- Antioxidants in decaf reduce the risk of stroke.
- Chlorogenic acids are a powerful antioxidant and some of the highest levels exist in coffee. Chlorogenic acids have been shown to reduce blood pressure, inhibit oxidation of LDL particles, reduce progression of atherosclerosis and prevent heart attacks. Read more about this in Heart Health Benefits of Chlorogenic Acid.
- We are not really sure of the impact on the adrenals as you can read: Struggling with Adrenal Fatigue: Don't Quit Your Coffee Habit. But if you are finding it has a negative impact by all means go decaf!
Either way, if you choose decaf or regular, take some time to enjoy your morning cup of Cardiology Coffee. You deserve it! Also, make some great treats with other ingredients that support your health as well. See Spice Up Your Morning and Mocha Breakfast Chia Pudding.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read our affiliate policy.